Pacquiao and Margarito treated the crowd of 41,734 to non-stop explosive action right from the opening bell at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Pacquiao overwhelmed Margarito with fast punches and combinations, and inflicted a cut on the right eye of the Mexican boxer in the fourth round.



Pacquiao twice looked to referee Laurence Cole in the 11th, imploring him to stop the fight. With the outcome no longer in doubt, the Filipino carried Margarito to the finish line. "I'm not looking for a knockout," Pacquiao recalled afterward. "I want to finish the round. Yes, I take it easy."

"I told the referee look at his eyes, look at his cuts," Pacquiao said. "I did not want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about."

Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs) said he kept on fighting because "I'm a Mexican and there's no way I was going to quit. I fight until the end."


The fight went the distance, a full 12 rounds, but Pacquiao was in control from the opening bell until his last punches to Margarito's swollen, bloodied face.




"Manny is the best fighter in the world," said Margarito's trainer Robert Garcia. "He is just too fast — very, very quick."



Judges agree with a unanimous decision for Pacquiao against Antonio Margarito of Mexico.



Judges Scores
[In Pacquiao's Favor]

Juergen Langos - 120-108
Glen Rick Crocker - 118-110
Oren Shellenberger - 119-109





0 comments

Post a Comment